applying for Hands On is easy...
1. review the requirements for applicants:
Hands On applicants serve as partners with IMB missionaries. An applicant must:
- Be a growing follower of Jesus Christ.
- Be spiritually, emotionally, and physically healthy.
- Be committed to verbally sharing his/her faith in a cross-cultural context.
- Be an active member of a Southern Baptist affiliated church.
- Be between the ages of 18-29 (preference given to college and seminary students and recent graduates)
- Have completed at least one year of college or equivalent life experience after high school graduation.
- Be willing and able to complete the entire Hands On assignment including orientation and debriefing.
- Be willing and able to raise the necessary financial support - currently $3950.
- Not have previously served with IMB's Hands On or Fusion initiatives.
Make a note of the project numbers. You'll need them as you complete the application.
3. gather the e-mail addresses of 4 people who are willing to serve as references for you.
(Pastor, Student Minister, Supervisor/Professor and a Friend). You will provide this information as part of the online application. The reference 'forms' will be emailed to your reference 'givers'.
4. apply online now. click "Apply" below.
NOTE: Your application is complete when your online application, 4 references, and background check have been received by the IMB Students team. The background check requires a one-time fee of $18. You will receive an e-mail about purchasing this background check after you submit your online application.
5. watch the child protection video.
questions about requirements or applying?
Download the Hands On E-Guide
, email email@example.com
, call (800)789-4693, or click on the Live Help link to chat with someone right now.